Baba Shakespeare is a new production to be staged by Tower Theatre Company at the Arcola Tent from Tuesday 17th April - Wednesday 2nd May 2012 as part of the RSC Open Stages, which has been described as the UK's biggest amateur theatre project.

The script for Baba Shakespeare has been written by director Emmeline Winterbotham and is derived from the screenplay of the 1965 Merchant Ivory film Shakespeare Wallah, a true story that follows the family of actress Felicity Kendal as they travel around post-colonial India as a troupe of Shakespeare players.



Wednesday 21 December 2011

Trip to Hammersmith for wood

I had already phoned up Moss & Co. to check the availability of 4" lime and jelutong, only to be told that they did not have any 4" jelutong in stock, and were finding it hard to get hold of.  Panic!  Puppet makers need this thickness of wood for carving so I'm not sure what will happen if it becomes unavailable.

Somewhat optimistically, I borrowed a sack trolley and set off on the tube.

Fortunately for me, there was one piece of 4" jelutong left, so I snapped that up and chose a nice piece of lime.

It was clear that there was no way I could manoeuvre these two very solid planks on a small trolley through the hoards of Christmas shoppers in Hammersmith and down to the Piccadilly line, so I arranged for delivery instead.  Luckily for me, tomorrow was the last day they were delivering before closing for Christmas right through to the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment